Latest in a series of posts on the coronavirus
There were voices at Council last night that reminded us of the loss of businesses too.
A different kind of death.
The governor has tightened the restrictions.
Listen to the owner of the Borderline who called in to Council last night (2 mins.).
He got a call from the Health Bureau to stop indoor dining — or else.
“Isn’t there something the Mayor can do about this??
- What do you want us to do? Curbside is not going to pay my bills.
- How do I give my waitresses a nice Christmas?
- I have 27 employees, and I have to lay off 22.
- My restaurant is COVID free, I have 6 air purifiers in my restaurant . . . My air is 99.1% germ free.
- And now they’re going to take my health license because I’m open for indoor dining?
- Isn’t there something the Mayor can do about this?
- The Mayor can overrule this.
- Or the Mayor could not worry about this . . .
- What can I do?
- This is threatening to close my business.
Tough spot for the Borderline guy.
Tough spot for the Mayor.
I often ask you to role play.
What would you do if you were Mayor?
to be continued in the next post . . .