Latest in a series of posts about the Bethlehem Police
Here’s the beginning of the Police section of the 2021 Budget book — the narrative section that precedes the line-by-line items.
The Chief selected certain items here and on the following pages to talk about at the Budget meeting on November 9.
Gadfly has selected here the portion of the Chief’s presentation dealing with new programs, which are his special interest (5 mins.).
The Chief talks about:
- integration of a social worker
- community engagement events
- collaboration with other departments
- specific kinds of officer training
- record keeping/tracking — complaints, etc.
- foot/bike patrols in low/moderate income areas (Yosko and 5 Points)
- dealing with quality of life issues: abandoned vehicles, grass cutting, house structural issues, etc.
- the goal being to increase community non-enforcement interactions
With each public appearance, the Chief gives more details of her thinking.
Give a listen.