Latest in a series of posts on the Columbus monument
“Let us in the name of the Holy Trinity go on sending all the slaves that can be sold.”
“The fact that we have this [Columbus Day school] holiday legitimates a curriculum that is contemptuous of the lives of peoples of color.”
Peter Crownfield is officially retired but spends most of his time working with students in his role as internship coordinator for the Alliance for Sustainable Communities–Lehigh Valley.
- 10 Indigenous People Whose Statues Should Replace Columbus’ – Yes! Magazine
- Indigenous People Invented the So-Called “American Dream” – Yes! Magazine
- Can You Celebrate American History Without Celebrating Colonialism? – Yes! Magazine
- How Colonization of the Americas Killed 90 Percent of Their Indigenous People—and Changed the Climate – Yes! Magazine
- A Win for Indigenous History at Columbia University – Yes! Magazine
- Indigenous Peoples Day, Monday Oct. 14, you can watch online free a 2018 Emmy-winner: DAWNLAND | American Friends Service Committee
- Celebrating Indigenous Peoples’ Day: The Long Arc of FCNL Advocacy • Friends Committee on National Legislation
- Call To Action
- Changing Systems, Changing Ourselves session 2 Facilitator’s Guide
- Indigenous Peoples Day | UUA.org
- N.J. Catholic diocese goes all-in on ‘Indigenous Peoples’ Day’
Gadfly loves it when followers provide leads to pertinent information on topics we are discussing.