Latest in a series of posts responding to the George Floyd killing
We, as a community, need to imagine leadership differently.
- There is evidence that Black leadership can lead to more peaceful police-public relations.
- There is also evidence demonstrating that women lead in the same ways and as well as men.
- The inclusion of womxn in policing has a demonstrated effect on constructively addressing gender-based violence.
- It is unconscionable that we do not have officers openly representing the LGBT+ community and no task force to assist officers as they try to improve their relations with the LGBT+ community as well.
- Addressing gender-based violence is inextricably linked to addressing white supremacy/misanthrophy.
- Strong leadership is about active listening.
Prof Holona Ochs