Latest in a series of posts on City Government
What followers are saying to Gadfly:
- My question is, why are these businesses doing business with Grubhub and UberEats?
- Just say no to using these services.
- Sometimes people want it every which way they can get it, until all of a sudden it’s not working to their benefit.
- Eliminate the middle-man, call the business directly, and pay less!
- I’m scratching my head over the perceived need for city hall to even become involved in this.
- I sympathize with their plight. I’m just not there with local government involvement. This is a state and possibly federal issue in my opinion.
- The more appropriate response is market the hell out of pick-up or self delivery where available.
- Why don’t restaurants simply deliver their own meals to break the stranglehold GrubHub etc has on them.
- Another option is the DBA engages a local company to do that for all its restaurants.
As Gadfly understood it, Councilman Reynolds was asking city, state, and national government to investigate the situation; he was not necessarily endorsing involvement. His main purpose was educating us, who could take direct, immediate action.