From Kim Carrell-Smith:
Greetings fellow quarantino,
- ALWAYS FIND OUT what a place/group/individual might need before you leap in. That’s why the Facebook group is particularly helpful. But I’m happy to help you get questions answered if you aren’t a Facebook user
- If you give a mask to someone, please give it with instructions about how to wash it, and emphasize that they need to do that after every use. These are not foolproof, so you still shouldn’t touch your face, mask etc. and should wash hands frequently.
- Please don’t use elastic because of latex allergies (very common)
- Think about different folks you may be serving. Kids may be scared of masks so fun fabrics could make them less scary.
- You can donate fabric and other supplies if you can’t sew- St Luke’s has asked for it, and I think the Facebook group would be happy to take it, too.
- You can cut fabric if you can’t sew; check with the Facebook group or St Luke’s