Latest in a series of posts on city government
What followers are saying to Gadfly:
- Negron could have continued to serve as VP and waited her turn, as Waldron did.
- While Negron’s supporters were the majority in the room, they did not necessarily represent the majority in the city.
- It could be viewed as a proud moment that council did not bow to the pressure of those present.
- Waldron spoke and comported himself well and remained composed.
- Waldron’s “soft gavel” approach is understandable and principled.
- Critics of Waldron’s “soft gavel” approach benefited from it at the meeting.
- Expertise for running a meeting comes from time and experience, and Waldron will get better.
- Are we overlooking the milestone of Colon as the first Hispanic vice president?
All perspectives welcome.