Latest in a series of posts on Ethics and City Government
What followers are saying to Gadfly:
- There is no pay to play inferred here, which is exactly what brought down elected officials in Reading and Allentown. That connection between Bethlehem and those cities does not correlate.
- I hope the ethics ordinance is re-introduced and passed. Councilman Reynolds was going to introduce something on campaign finance.
- I absolutely agree with Council’s action to remove [BGC] as liaison to BPA. His obstinance on this issue feels like a dentist’s drill at work.
- The Mayor does not control the hiring of the Parking Authority director, who [BGC] announced is resigning effective sometime this month. His brother [John, former Mayor] was very good at jumping the gun on announcements others wanted to control by releasing at their discretion, not at a Callahan’s discretion.
- He’s [BGC] passive-aggressive. One minute he’s attacking, the next minute conciliatory.
- This issue is not attributable to the Mayor as he [BGC] keeps stating. He just won’t let any of this go.
- What we are witnessing at Council and in City Hall is “Kabuki Theater.” [There is no chopped liver among Gadfly followers]
What’s in your wallet, er, thinking?
to be continued . . .