58th in a series of posts on Touchstone Theatre
When was the last time you took a bus?
Maybe the better question is, have you ever taken a bus?
Not only are we not quite a walking community, but we are not a viable public transportation community either as well.
Silagh White laments.
- “How many people drove their car here tonight?”
- “One of the things that is part of the divide is accessible public transportation.”
- “I would love to take public transportation; it does not work for my life.”
- ‘If you have not been listening to what the kids are saying about our future, and we don’t start changing our own personal behaviors, we are just as much a part of the problem.”
- “But it’s impossible to change our behaviors if we don’t have the opportunity to do that as a society .”
- “We have to do more; we have to have public transportation available, so that the food deserts don’t mean as much any more — people can actually get to places.”
Closed but never forgotten