57th in a series of posts on Touchstone Theatre
He confessed it. Total admission. Put it right out there. No hiding.
“I love to walk.”
That was Wally Trimble at the “Poets, Troubadours, and Troublemakers” event.
“Hear, Hear,” a flock of Gadfly followers assented, “We’ll drink to that!”
Much on our minds on this blog.
But a ways to go, says Wally.
- “I love to walk.”
- “I wish it were a more walkable community.”
- “We have a great trail system . . .”
- “Our crosswalks seem designed as kill zones.”
- “There are a lot of really dangerous places . . . “
- “The best way to see [our] neighborhoods is to walk.”
- “It makes us feel better just to talk with a stranger.”
- “If everybody was out walking around and talking with each other . . .”
- “What I see happening isn’t really promoting a walkable community.”
Closed but never forgotten