(34th in a series of posts on parking)
Reminder: Public Safety Committee meeting tonight Wednesday Oct 10 6:30 Town Hall to discuss the BPA parking fines proposal. The Mayor has already approved the BPA request to raise meter rates from $1/hr to $1.50/hr. See post #28 in this series for the BPA proposal on fines.
Gadfly’s revered former colleague and boss, the late Frank Hook, used to describe people seeking attention in what he said was a Pennsylvania Dutch phrase: “clacking the dish.”
A delightfully vivid phrase, Gadfly has always loved it.
So Gadfly has been wondering when it would happen.
But the dish clacking has begun.
Breena Holland and Paige Van Wirt, “Your View: Why Bethlehem should not raise parking meter rates.” Morning Call, October 9, 2018.
Douglas Graves, “Parking ticket increase requested.” Bethlehem Press, October 8, 2018.
Time for you to weigh in and make up your own mind.
You can read the stories linked above yourselves.
As well as reviewing the following here on Gadfly:
- The BPA/Desman report June 15, 2018
- #7 Sept 21: overview of BPA/Desman position
- #10 Sept 22: video of BPA/Desman presentation of position at Sept 20 meeting
- #11-14 Sept 24: public response at the Sept 20 meeting
- #16-17 Sept 25: summary of options to BPA/Desman and questions
- #24 Oct 2: summary of BPA/Desman report
- #25 Oct 2: Gadfly response
Plenty here ON BOTH SIDES of the parking increase issue to chew on.
Chew, and then let’s come back here and talk.