Gadfly’s attention has of necessity turned in-house lately, so original content will probably be lean for a while. But he invites your posts. ‘Tis a good time for followers — especially those who might now have some time on their hands — to grace our pages with their thoughts or pictures.
“Good conversation builds community.”
Keeping up to date on COVID-19:
- The City web site has lots of info.
- I’ve been getting a daily email update from the City, I think because I signed up here.
- Also a regular email from Senator Boscola, sign up here.
- Pennsylvania state web sites here and here.
- Bernie O’Hare’s Lehigh Valley Ramblings has been providing good info.
April 2, 2020 Bethlehem EAC Meeting
The EAC meeting scheduled for April 2nd at 7:00 pm will NOT be held in person at Illick’s Mill.
We will convene the meeting with remote access by phone or computer. We hope that you will join us!
To join the meeting via phone: Dial 301-715-8592
At the prompt enter Meeting ID: 780 513 887 #
Organizer: Elisabeth Cichonski. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter any problems.
- The great Bethlehem Area Public Library reminds us of their substantial online resources still available for our use.
- Gadfly #1 Stephen Antalics writes: “I strongly urge all to listen to the first movement ONLY of the fourth symphony of Carl Nielson entitled “The Inextinguishable” for it depicts the fear, chaos, confusion, turmoil and the unknown that we all are experiencing together today. But the movement ends with a glimmer of hope. Have faith, endure and be together for, as in the music, all this will pass. P.S. It can be found on youtube.”
- Good news in the Bethlehem Food Co-Op newsletter: “We are getting closer to finalizing our home! We have signed a letter of intent on a site in the north Bethlehem downtown and have begun the legal paperwork negotiations necessary before we can finalize the lease arrangements. The board feels confident that we will have some exciting news in the very near future!”