11th in a series of posts on the 2020 Budget
City Council adopted the 2020 budget. Gadfly found the budget hearings interesting as always but “un-remarkable” in regard to blog-worthy doin’s, so he didn’t post too much about them.
The handy article in the Morning Call this morning provides an overview of the new budget highlights.
Tax bills won’t go up (yay!) but note bullets #2 and #3 below from the article for increased fees (boo!) for homeowners.
Nicole Radzievich, “What Bethlehem taxpayers can expect from next year’s budget.” Morning Call, December 17, 2019.
- Real estate taxes will stay the same
- Sewer bills will be going up
- Expect a new stormwater fee mid-year
- The new Memorial Pool will open, but it will cost more to swim there
- Rentals will be inspected once every three years
- The city will complete a Climate Action Plan
- And encourage all residents are counted
Gadfly expects to spend the day watching impeachment coverage — can you?